The 2022–23 UEFA Europa League will be the 52nd season of Europe’s secondary club football tournament organized by UEFA, and the 14th season since it was rebranded as the UEFA Europa League. The final will be played at the Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán in Seville, Spain.
Competitions Season of UEFA Europa League
The competition will begin on 14 June 2022 with the qualifying round and will conclude with the final on 18 May 2023.
The 2022–23 UEFA Europa League will be contested by 32 teams in the group stage. The teams will be divided into eight groups of four, with each team playing against the other three teams in their group once, for a total of three matches. The top two teams in each group will advance to the knockout stage.
The knockout stage will consist of a round of 16, a quarter-final, a semi-final, and a final. The matches in the round of 16, quarter-final, and semi-final will be played over two legs, with each team playing one leg at home. The final will be played as a single match at a neutral venue.
The following teams will qualify for the 2022–23 UEFA Europa League:
- The top seven teams from the 2021–22 UEFA Europa League
- The 32 teams that finish third in their group in the 2021–22 UEFA Champions League
- The 27 winners of their respective national leagues
- The 13 winners of their respective national cups
- The 3 winners of the play-offs
The schedule of the 2022–23 UEFA Europa League is as follows:
- Qualifying round: 14–16 June 2022
- Play-offs: 18–25 February 2023
- Group stage: 8–16 September, 29–30 September, 19–20 October, 2–4 November, 23–24 November, 7–9 December 2022
- Round of 16: 10–11 March, 17–18 March 2023
- Quarter-finals: 7–8 April, 14–15 April 2023
- Semi-finals: 28–29 April, 5–6 May 2023
- Final: 18 May 2023
UEFA Europa League 2023
The current titleholders are Eintracht Frankfurt, who defeated Rangers in the 2022 final.
The total prize money for the 2022–23 UEFA Europa League is €400 million. The winner of the competition will receive €8.6 million.
The broadcasting rights for the 2022–23 UEFA Europa League in the United States are held by ESPN and Univision. The rights in the United Kingdom are held by BT Sport.
It is difficult to predict who will win the 2022–23 UEFA Europa League. However, some of the teams that are considered to be favorites include:
- Eintracht Frankfurt
- West Ham United
- RB Leipzig
- These teams all have a good chance of winning the competition, and it should be an exciting tournament to watch.